1. idle 2. justify 3. discount 4. distinct 5. minute
6.accused 7. object 8. contaminate 9. sustain 10. worship
1. accusing... of 2. end up 3. came upon 4. at her worst 5. pay for
6. run a risk of 7. participate in 8. other than 9. object to/objected
10. at best
1. K 2. G 3. C 4. E 5. N 6.O 7.I 8. L 9. A 10. D
1. delay 2. pain 3. hardship 4. suffering 5. fever
6. defeat 7. poverty 8. treatment 9. noise 10. agony
1. justify 2. glorify 3. exemplifies 4. classified
5. purified 6. intensify 7. identify 8. terrified
1. bravery 2. jewelry 3. delivery 4. machinery
5. robbery 6. nursery 7. scenery 8. discovery
1. other than for funerals and weddings
2. other than to live an independent life
3. other than that they appealed to his eye . . `
4. but other than that, he'll eat just about everything .
5. other than that it's somewhere in the town center
1. shouldn't have been to the cinema last night
2. would have; told him the answer
3. they needn't have gone at all
4. must have had too much work to do
5. might have been injured seriously
1. The plant does not grow well in soils other than the one in which
it has been developed.
2. Research findings show that we spend about two hours dreaming every
night, no matter what we
may have done during the day.
3.Some people tend to justify their failure by blaming others for not
trying their best.
4.We remain tree to our commitment: Whatever we promised to do; we
would do it.
5.Even Beethoven's father discounted the possibility that his son
would one day become the greatest musician in the world. The same is
true of Edison, who seemed to his teacher to be quite dull.
6. They were accused by authorities of threatening the state security.