1 ．A 2. B 3. C 4. D 5．D 6.C 7．B 8．A 9. D 10. C
11，B 12.A 13.A 14.B 15．D 16.C 17.D 18.B 19.A 20.B
Sticking to high moral standards is easier said than done. Once, a
young British car sales manager
who had just finished courses on business ethics was sent to sell cars
to an African country. The
negotiations had been going on for months without any real results．He
was at his wits' end. Finallyxhe
hit upon a solution．One day he bought a popular novel and slipped a
check of #20,000 in the book.
Then he presented it to the minister in charge of transportation. This
minister examined its contents，
pretending he didn’t see the check at all．Then he said with a smile
："Young man，I hear London is at
its best in May.”The sales manager, who was quick-witted, replied:
"My company in London will be
most honored to welcome your visit！”A short time later, the deal was
approved in London！
1. The writer holds a doubtful attitude toward this opinion, calling
it a popular myth. We can find the
writer's doubtful attitude in Paragraph 1.
2. They are the supportive style and the stimulating style. We can
find the information in Paragraph 4.
3. Four groups of children: one with supportive parents, one with
stimulating parents, one whose
parents combining both qualities and a final group who offered
neither. We can find the information
in Paragraph 6.
4. Eleven seconds a day in Holland and less than a minute a day in the
United States. We can find the
information in Paragraph 10.
5. The environmental factors such as better parenting and educational
techniques. We can find the
information in Paragraph 15, the last paragraph.Comprehension o f the
1.B 2.C 3.A 4.B 5